Basis: Personal data act 523/1999 *)
Data protection setting of EU
Date: 15th June, 2023
1. Registration holder / Business ID
Name: Maailmanvaihto / Business ID: 0281262-7
Address: Oikokatu3, 00170 Helsinki, Finland
Telephone: +358 (0)44 318 0888
2. Contact person on regarding the register
Name: Programme Coordinator Mari Takalo
Address: The address of Maailmanvaihto (see above)
Other contact information: Telephone: +358 44 318 0888
3. The name of the register: Data forms of Buddies
4. The purpose of processing the data of the register
- To organize the Buddy activities of Maailmanvaihto.
5. The information content of the register
- The contact forms for Buddy activities, that include the name, contact information (email address, phone number, and place of residence), year of birth, and the information concerning the Buddy activities, given by the person who filled out the form.
- The participation forms for Buddy activities, that include the name, contact information (email address, phone number, and home address), year of birth, and the information concerning the Buddy activities, given by the person who filled out the form.
- Feedback forms for the Buddy activities, that include the name, e-mail address, and place of residence, and and the information concerning the Buddy activities, given by the person who filled out the form.
- The Buddy database, which tells whose Buddy the registered person was and when.
6. Regular sources of information
- The information is received mainly from the registered persons themselves.
- The registered persons fill out the contact form on the website of Maailmanvaihto.
- The registered persons fill out the participation form on Google Forms or on a separate pdf form.
- The registered persons fill out the feedback form in Google Forms.
- The office staff of Maailmanvaihto updates the Buddy database on whose buddy the registered person has been, and when.
7. Processing data at Maailmanvaihto
- The information of the register is handled carefully at Maailmanvaihto.
- Access rights to the information of the register are restricted inside Maailmanvaihto so that only the office staff of Maailmanvaihto and the board member responsible for the Buddy activities can handle the data of the register. The information will be accessible for and used only by those staff members who need it in their work tasks.
8. Regular disposal of information
Maailmanvaihto communicates the name and email address of the registered person to the volunteer who the registered person will become a Buddy for.
9. Transferring information outside EU or ETA
- Maailmanvaihto communicates the name and email address of the registered person to the volunteer outside of EU or ETA who the registered person will become a Buddy for.
- Maailmanvaihto stores the information in Google cloud, in which the information may be situated outside the EU/ETA district.
10. Protection principles and time of preservation of the register
Information processed with IT
- Electronic documents are kept in the Google G Suite accounts of Maailmanvaihto office staff. The accounts and computers of the office staff are secured with passwords and the computers with security software.
- The time of preservation of the application forms is not restricted.
11. Checking rights
A registered person has the right to check the information recorded about them in the person register. The request must be appointed to the Programme Coordinator of Maailmanvaihto either personally or through the office address. Personal data act §24, the data protection setting of the EU.
12. Right to demand a correction of information
If there is an error in the person register, the registered person has the right to demand a correction. The request to correct false information must be appointed to the Programme Coordinator of Maailmanvaihto.
13. Other rights concerning the processing of personal data
The registered person has the right to ask that their information will be removed. The controller of the register will correct, remove or complete incorrect, unnecessary, insufficient personal data by their own initiative or by the demand of the registered person. The registered person is responsible for the correctness of the information they give. It is the responsibility of the person whose information is in the register to notify if there are changes to the information they have given.