EVS: Available Projects
Apply for the European Voluntary Service in Finland! On this page you can find those EVS projects coordinated by Maailmanvaihto that are currently seeking volunteers and instructions for applying for them.
To apply, please load Maailmanvaihto’s EVS application form (.doc) and read instructions for filling in the form from the bottom of this page. Send your filled-in application to evs(a)maailmanvaihto.fi.
Please note that Maailmanvaihto only accepts applications which have been filled into Maailmanvaihto’s application form.
Available EVS projects
Vanhamäki Activity centre
- Organization: Vanhamäki is an activity centre in Suonenjoki, which is a small rural town of some 7 500 inhabitants, situated in the central Finland. Vanhamäki provides different kinds of activities for visitors and it also runs organic farm, horse stables and a foster home. The centre produces organic berries and vegetables and the products are also sold in the little shop.
- Number of volunteers: 1
- Volunteering period: 5.4.2018–4.1.2019
- Volunteer’s role and tasks: Volunteering tasks vary according to the season: in the summer time the volunteers work more in Vanhamäki and in the autumn and spring there is more cooperation with other local organizations, such as local folk academy, association of unemployed people and a school. At Vanhamäki the volunteers assist in different kinds of tasks, both outdoors and indoors. They take part in organic farming and maintenance work of the park area. Volunteers also assist in planning and carrying out events in Vanhamäki according to their skills and interests. The volunteers can also carry out tasks in the office and kitchen, as well as at the horse stables of the activity centre.
- Volunteer’s requirements: It is important that the volunteer enjoys both practical and social work tasks. It is good to have an interest in organic farming and nature.
- Accommodation: The volunteers are accommodated in the Vanhamäki centre in a single room, shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. Vanhamäki is situated in the countryside surroundings, by a lake.
- Organization in the EU’s EVS database
- Website of the voluntary workplace
- Deadline for applying: The volunteer will be selected as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
The available EVS positions for the funding application deadline of April 2018 will be published here during March 2018.
How to apply? Three simple steps:
- Choose from the list above the project you wish to apply to.
- After selecting the project, fill in Maailmanvaihto’s EVS application form (.doc). If you wish to apply to more than one project, please fill in a separate form for each project. Write your answers on the green blank fields. There is no length limit for your answers.
- Send your application form as an email attachment to: evs(a)maailmanvaihto.fi Write the project name & reference number to the subject field. Attach your application to the message and send. Photos are optional.
Please note these things:
- If you do not understand the content of the application form, please ask help from your sending organisation.
- Maailmanvaihto only accepts applications which have been filled into Maailmanvaihto’s application form.
- Prior to sending us an application, please read through the program information in order to get a picture on the EVS program.
- EVS is targeted especially for those young adults who otherwise have less opportunities than their peers to participate in transnational projects. If you feel you have less opportunities than other young people, please tell about this in your application. There is a separate question on it in the application form.