Are you living in Finland and considering a voluntary work period abroad? Are you wondering about the coronavirus epidemy? Here is information on the arrangements of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) Volunteering during the coronavirus epidemic and Maailmanvaihto’s cancellation term during the coronavirus times for the ICYE Voluntary Program.
European Solidarity Corps Volunteering periods can be postponed to a later date or cancelled in case needed due to the coronavirus situation. In addition, ESC volunteering periods can be started virtually during the rest of the year 2020 if starting the volunteering period physically in the host country is not possible due to exceptional circumstances. The periods will be completed in the host country when the circumstances allow it. (see the news from the Finnish National Agency for Education).
ICYE Voluntary Program
If due to the coronavirus epidemic, Maailmanvaihto cannot organize you the planned volunteering program (if the destination country limits the entrance to the country or if the foreign ministry recommends avoiding to the country, for instance):
- You can postpone your departure or ask for changing the destination country.
- If you cancel your participation. If you cancel your participation before the pre-departure training, we will refund you your payment in total. If you cancel your participation after the pre-departure training, we will hold back 500 € for training and administration costs. We will discount the 500 € that you have already paid from your participation fee in case you later decide to participate in ICYE volunteering.
In case the situation in your destination country is worrying but neither the entrance to the country is limited nor the the foreign ministry recommends avoiding travelling to the country, you can
- postpone your departure or
- ask for changing the destination country (cannot be guaranteed in advance) or
- apply for a partly return of your participation fee from the board of Maailmanvaihto.